Luka Magnotto admits he did it but not guilty

Image: Luka Rocco Magnotta

Image: Luka Rocco Magnotta

Luka Magnotto admits he did it but not guilty

******THIS IS A WARNING.  THE STORY BELOW IS CONTAINS GRAPHIC DETAILS IN A MURDER IN CANADA WHICH WAS RECORDED ON VIDEO AND SHARED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA.  PLEASE DO NOT READ THE STORY IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACHE.  THANK YOU.******

May 25, 2012 it is alleged that Luka Rocco Magnotta murdered & dismembered 31 year old student, Jun Lin.  During the murder he is shown to dissect, dismember and distribute Jun Lin’s body parts across Canada.  It is alleged that Jun Lin’s body parts were sent via Canada post to two schools, some members of parliament and that the torso of Jun LIn was found inside a suitcase which had the zipper partially undone and liquid was oozing from.  It is reported the torso was in the suitcase for a few days before it was discovered.

On the first day of the trial, Luka admitted to all five of the charges he is currently facing in the murder and dismemberment of the 31 year old computer engineering student, Jun Lin.

Luka did not, however, plead guilty on the formal indictments he is facing.

What does this mean?  Hi lawyer, Luc Leclair, told the court in Montreal on Monday, September 29, 2014, that the defense will be seeking a not criminally responsible verdict – an unsound mind which caused him to be incapable of forming intent or understanding the consequences of his actions at the time of the alleged murder.

The jury will now be forced to watch the gruesome video which they were told in court, captured the indignities on Jun Lin and which was recorded by Luka himself on May 25, 2012.  Luka posted the video online within hours of taking it.  The video was recorded and uploaded one day before Luka flew to Paris.

One site Magnotta uploaded was to Best Gore, owned by Mark Marek, who is also facing charges for allowing the video to be uploaded.  The two cases are being tried separately.  Luka is in Montreal, Quebec and Mark is in Edmonton, Alberta.

“You heard about the so-called murder video,” prosecutor Louis Bouthillier told the jury in his opening address. “Most of you have not seen the so-called murdered video. You will get to see it here in court. You are judges now.”

In the hours between Luka recording the brutal murder of Jun Lin and leaving for Europe, he is accused of dissecting Jun Lin’s body and then mailing out some  of the body parts, using Canada Post  – legs and feet – were sent to two Vancouver, British Columbia schools and the Conservative party offices in Ottawa, Ontario.

Jun LIn’s torso was found on May 29, 2012, four days after it is alleged that he was murdered.  His body was stuffed into garbage bags and then into a suitcase – the zipper was open a little and a red substance was seen oozing out.  His body was allegedly deposited in an alley behind Luka’s Montreal, Quebec, apartment.

“You will hear evidence that it had been there a few days,” Bouthillier told court.

While other body parts were mailed and dropped off in a suitcase, Jun Lin’s head was found in a public city park.

Luka Magnotta is facing:

  • First-degree murder;
  • Committing an indignity to a body;
  • Publishing obscene material;
  • Criminally harassing Canadian Prime Minister, Stephen Harper & other members of Parliament;
  • Mailing obscene and indecent material.

Luka showed no emotion as Crown prosecutor, Louis Bouthillier, outlined the case against him and explained to the jurors that he expects to show them the crimes committed were planned & deliberate.

There is testimony of a journalist from the UK which will indicate that the murder had been in the works for at least six months.

Crown said the reporter and his media organization received an email on December of 2011 that will show Luka was planning to kill a human being and on filming the event.

“This email makes it clear that Mr. Magnotta was planning to kill a human being and was going to make a movie,” Bouthillier said.

Today new information was shared of a third person involved in the reported video.  The video, which lasts 53 seconds, shows a male tied and bound, laying on Luka’s bed.  This will form part of the “indignities” suffered on Jun Lin for 10 minutes.  The court was told that the 53 second extra video was shot one week prior to the murder of Jun LIn.

“Another man, bonded, lying naked on the bed in Mr. Magnotta’s apartment,” said Bouthillier.

The man was fortunate enough to have survived his encouter with Luka Magnotta.

The first witness called is Caroline Simoneau, a crime scene technician.

The trial is expected to last between six and eight weeks.

Jun LIn’s father, Diran Lin, was seated in the courtroom on Monday, September 29, 2014 with an interpreter.

The trial continues.

 

Thanks for your comment. Comments are personal opinions of the senders and in no way reflect the authors or administrators of this page.

%d bloggers like this: